Re: Order of operations....

From: Mark R. Lindsey
Subject: Re: Order of operations....
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:41:54 -0400

: I think it would be really useful to be able to have a master
: cfengine.conf, and have it import cf.foo and cf.bar for foo hosts and bar
: hosts respectively.
:
: I'm curious if there is any definition of the order that stuff happens at
: this point.  For instance if i have a copy: directive for /etc/hosts in
: cfengine.conf, and a different one in cf.foo, can i be sure that the one
: in cf.foo always overrides, or vice versa ?

I don't believe that cfengine guarantees any such ordering as you
describe it; however, you can enforce ordering through temporarily-
defined classes, as in this example:

        control: actionsequence = ( copy.general copy.host_specific )

        copy.general::
                /var/local/archive/general dest=/ recurse=inf

        copy.host_specific.foo::
                /var/local/archive/hosts/foo dest=/ recurse=inf