compiling cfd on FreeBSD-4.1.1 ?

From: Ulli Linzen
Subject: compiling cfd on FreeBSD-4.1.1 ?
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:05:58 +0200

Hello!

I am trying to compile cfengine on FreeBSD (4.1.1-RELEASE), and I would like
to obtain a threading version of cfd.
I tried the following:
CFLAGS=-pthread export CFLAGS; LDFLAGS=-lpthread export LDFLAGS; make
and got a non-threading version.
As well i tried to compile (and configure before) "by hand", setting the
CFLAGS and LDFLAGS variables as above, typing ./configure --myparameters
and make.. again, non threading version.
As well I tried CFLAGS=-pthread and LDFLAGS=-pthread (not -lpthread!),
configure and make as above, and got a single threaded version...
What am I doing wrong? How do i get a multi-threading version of cfd
on FreeBSD?

Thank you,

        Ulli

--