PID of cfd.

From: Darren Dunham
Subject: PID of cfd.
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:50:11 -0700 (PDT)

Probably a stupid question, but here goes...

I compiled a13 and notice that there is a script in bin called
'start-cfd'.  This script appears to assume that the PID of cfd will
be recorded as /var/run/cfengine/lock.cfd_conf.<hostname>.cfd.daemon.

Well, it's not, and it doesn't seem to be recorded in LOCKDIR either.
I've even tried to truss it to see if it records anything, but it
disconnects from the truss before doing anything, and I can't trace
the grandchild.

So.. is this script misguided, or should cfd autorecord it's pid in a
file somewhere?  I don't see any directives related to where it might
be in the manual or cfd.conf.

Thanks!

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com
Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company