Bugs in processes somewhere...

From: David Ressman
Subject: Bugs in processes somewhere...
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:13:00 -0500

I have the following in one of my cfengine input files:

   inetd::
        "inetd -s"
        action=signal
        signal=hup
        inform=off

   condor::
        "condor_master"
        restart "/etc/rc2.d/S99condor start"
        chdir=/
        chroot=/
        owner=0
        group=0

It's pretty easy to see what these do.  The first entry sends inetd
a HUP if inetd:: is defined.  The second entry runs the condor init
script if the process "condor_master" isn't running and if condor::
is defined.

In debugging, I get the following output:

DEFINED PROCESSES
inetd -s
 Restart =  (useshell=y)
 matches: =-1
 signal=SIGHUP
 action=s
 ChDir=inetd -s, ChRoot=
 Define
 ElseDefine

/
 Restart = /etc/rc2.d/S99condor start (useshell=y)
 matches: =-1
 signal=NOSIG
 action=s
 ChDir=/, ChRoot=/
 Define /
 ElseDefine

So in the inetd:: clause, cfengine wants to chdir to "inetd -s", and in the
condor:: clause, it thinks I'm looking for the process "/" and thinks I want
to define the class "/".  That doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

If I comment out the chdir in the condor:: clause, I get this:

condor_master

 Restart = /etc/rc2.d/S99condor start (useshell=y)

 matches: =-1

 signal=NOSIG

 action=s

 ChDir=condor_master, ChRoot=/

 Define /

 ElseDefine

And now it sees that I want to look for the "condor_master" process, but
now it wants to chdir to "condor_master", so of course it fails..

This doesn't make any sense to me, but I think this might be related to
the problem I mailed the list about earlier this week.

Confused,

David