cfengine-1.6.0.a11, checksums but no syslog warnings?

From: Alan Sparks
Subject: cfengine-1.6.0.a11, checksums but no syslog warnings?
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:21:16 -0700

I've been trying to get checksum change warnings to appear in syslog, to
no avail.  I note in the source (filedirs.c, around line 442), the code:

    Debug("Checking MD5 integrity of %s\n",file);
    cfMDFile(file,digest);
    digest[16] = '\0';

    if (ChecksumChanged(file,digest,cfsilent,false))
       {
       }
    }

So the non-support of syslog is hardwired into this?  Anyone patched
this to use the syslog= parameter as shown in the documentation?  Any
other workaround before I hack this?

Thanks in advance.
-Alan

--
Alan Sparks, Sr. UNIX Administrator     asparks@quris.com
Quris, Inc.                             (720) 836-2058