RE: Variable for server argument in copy command?

From: Patrice GUERLAIS
Subject: RE: Variable for server argument in copy command?
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 09:21:20 +0100

I'm not sure I really understand your concern, because I always use variables
in the server option of copy commands :

<cut>
copy:
                ${dir_ref_BB}/demarrage/${version_bb}
                        dest=/etc/rc.d/init.d
                        server=${SERVER}
                        recurse=inf
                        owner=root
                        group=root
                        mode=755
                        action=fix
                        type=mtime
                        define=BB_maj_demarrage
                        ignore=RCS
                        exclude=*~
                        exclude=*.cfsaved
</cut>

and dir_ref_BB, version_BB and SERVER are previously defined, some of them get
their value depending on the context (which host is
running, configuration options, ...). Something like :

<example>
classes:
        cl1 = ( host1 host2 ... )
        cl2 = ( host10 host20 ... )