Re: cfd host auth error -- progress I think

From: Andrew Mayhew
Subject: Re: cfd host auth error -- progress I think
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:16:11 -0800

Could you run your cfd like this: cfd -d 1 -f cfd.conf >cfd.log 2>cfd.log
and then rerun your client connection.  I have a slightly different
theory as to why your authentication is failing and it doesn't
actually have anything to do with the config file rereading.  What I
believe is really happening is that cfd is denying repeated
connections from the same host based on its "spamming" policy.  So,
after a connection is closed, PurgeOldConnections is called, and
unless it has been more than two hours your old connection lives in a
list of denied hosts.  If this is the case, you should see something
like the following coming out of cfd:
RecvSocketStream(4096)
Purging Old Connections...
Done purging
stool: Denying repeated connection from 10.0.0.233
Checking file updates on ./cfd.server-test (3a4ed98b/3a4eef3b)
Transmission empty...
cfd: terminating NULL transmission!
***Closing socket 5 from 127.0.0.1
Terminating thread...

This is just my theory and if I recall properly, the reason the hosts
are getting put in a deny list after connecting is because the
connection was closed uncleanly.  You can alter this behaviour with the
AllowMultipleConnectionsFrom = ( [IPLIST] ) in cfd's configuration.

--Andrew Mayhew <amayhew@logictier.com>