Porting cfengine

From: Randall Wood
Subject: Porting cfengine
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 09:05:55 -0500

I am trying to port cfengine to Darwin1.2 (Mac OS X). I have mananged to get
cfengine to compile and install, however cfengine refuses to recognize my
system. Here's the output from running cfengine --debug

Reference time set to Mon Feb  5 09:00:43 2001

GNU Configuration Engine -
1.6.2
Free Software Foundation 1995-2000
Donated by Mark Burgess, Faculty of Engineering,
Oslo University College, 0254 Oslo, Norway

Host name is: localhost
Operating System Type is darwin
Operating System Release is 1.2
Architecture = power@macintosh

Using internal soft-class (null) for host localhost

The time is now Mon Feb  5 09:00:43 2001

Additional hard class defined as: 32_bit
Additional hard class defined as: darwin_1_2
Additional hard class defined as: darwin_power_macintosh
Additional hard class defined as: darwin_power_macintosh_1_2
Additional hard class defined as:
darwin_power_macintosh_1_2_Darwin_Kernel_Versi
on_1_2__Wed_Aug_30_23_32_53_PDT_2000__root_xnu_xnu_103_obj_1_RELEASE_PPC_
localhost: Cfengine: I don't understand what architecture this is!

GNU autoconf class from compile time: darwin1.2

  Careful with this - it might not be correct at run time if you have
  several OS versions with binary compatibilty!

Address given by nameserver: 127.0.0.1
localhost: No such network device
localhost: ioctl: Device not configured
localhost: No preconfiguration file
localhost: (CFINPUTS is set to <nothing>)
localhost: Can't open file cfengine.conf

Where (and how) do I define my architecture in cfengine? And how I should
format my patches to share them? (I modified configure.in, config.guess,
config.sub, and had to edit conf.h)

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.
--
Randall Wood
rw6946@appstate.edu