Advanced warning before deleting files?

From: Rune Mossige
Subject: Advanced warning before deleting files?
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:42:57 +0100 (CET)

Our users put some files into our scratch filesystem, that they do not
want to get deleted immidiately. These files will be beeded for some
time, maybe up to several months.

All these files are prefixed with save* or SAVE*, so that our cleanup
scripts will ignore them.

However, whenthese files are appoaching 90 days old, I would like to let
them know that the file will be deleted in, say, 7 days unless some
action is taken.

Is there a way for cfengine to do this?

I was thinking of tidy:: with a option e.g. 'warn=80 delete=90' to warn
the user when the file is 80 days old, and then delete it if it is 90
days old. The warning should be an email to the user owning the file.

(-: Hiroshima 45, Chernobyl 86, Windows 95 :-)
Our ultimate goal is to make overloaded machines appear to be idle.
High performance, High reliability, Low cost -------- Pick any two.
Rune Mossige, Systems Support, WesternGeco, Stavanger, Norway
Tel: (+47)51946869                         Mobile:(+47)90871024