DeleteToLineMatching

From: Kyle Amon
Subject: DeleteToLineMatching
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:48:49 -0400

The 'DeleteToLineMatching' editing action does not seem to function
as documented.  In the cfengine Reference Manual, it says...

  DeleteToLineMatching quoted-regex
      Delete lines from the current position, up to but not including
      a line matching the regular expression in the quoted string. If
      no line matches the given expression, a warning is only printed
      in verbose mode, but all edits are immediately abandoned.

Although it says "up to but not including," this seems not to be the
case since it doesn't work properly.  It seems to in fact include the
line matchine the regular expression, which is, of course, the exact
opposite of what is documented.

Someone please explain how I'm wrong here.  And if I'm not, either
the documentation needs to be modified such that is consistent with
behavior or this bug needs to be fixed.

-- Kyle

--
Kyle Amon (TM)   email: amonk@gnutec.com   http://www.gnutec.com/~amonk
GNUTEC, Inc.     voice: 813-979-1633       http://www.gnutec.com/

KeyID 1024/49808913
Fingerprint =  82 91 D3 44 66 58 37 D7  38 05 BE 98 9D F0 8A 70  49 80
89 13

"I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms.  There are
better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making
use of one's contributions to computer science."

                                -- Donald E. Knuth, TAoCP vol 3

This email Copyright 2001 by Kyle Amon, Inc., a Florida corporation,
6002 Palm Shadow Way, Suite 1218, Tampa, FL 33647: (813) 979-1311
amonk@gnutec.com http://www.gnutec.com/~amonk. All rights Reserved.