Traversing Links

From: Chris
Subject: Traversing Links
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:19:59 -0400

In an earlier version of cfengine, 1.5.3, I was able to go down levels of directories in a copy over using a cfd connection to the server.  However, in 1.6.3, if I have cfengine copy symbolic links as files, I receive a messages saying this is to dangerous, so the operation is pruned.  However, if I don't tell it to copy the symbolic links as files, this operation works.

In addition, this operation fails in the former case no matter if symbolic links are in use at all.

Here is my copy line:

copy:
      /shared_files dest=$(local_repository) recurse=inf exclude=*cfsaved backup=false stealth=true purge=true type=mtime symlink=* linktype=copy server=$(server)

Any help would be appreciated.
Chris Hawkinson