feature request

From: Alan Sparks
Subject: feature request
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:40:17 -0600

Don't know how hard this would be to implement -- so I'll ask anyway...

Several times I've run into the need for a class representing "run these
if no other class applies."  Something like:

resolve:
        box1||box2::
                1.2.3.4
        default::
                4.3.2.1

I just made "default" up... the idea is the "default" class applies if
no other more specific classes apply.  I know something like this
behavior can be synthesized by using class defs and negated classes, but
it is extremely cumbersome to do.

I don't think "any" is any good here, since it would be executed
regardless of whether other rules apply.

Opinions?
-Alan

--
Alan Sparks, Sr. UNIX Administrator     asparks@quris.com
Quris, Inc.                             (720) 836-2058