Iterating over lists in copy command

From: Elmar Kurgpold
Subject: Iterating over lists in copy command
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:46:44 -0700 (PDT)

Using cfengine 1.6.3...

In the "Iterating over lists" section of the Tutorial, it mentions that
you can use this feature "in the `from' field of a copy action."  There is
no "copy" example in this section, so I'm trying to figure out the
intended use for this feature.  I can define a variable like:

filelist = ( /etc/motd:/etc/issue )

But defining a single target causes the target to be overwritten by each
item in the list, and copy won't let me define a directory as a target for
a list of files. Is there a special target variable that is set to each
value of the list in turn so this command will work?  Like this:

copy:
    $(filelist) dest=/new/dest/$(target)