Re: Create Action Script

From: Matt Armstrong
Subject: Re: Create Action Script
Date: 23 May 2001 18:39:07 -0700

Liston Bias <list@bias.org> writes:

> General Questions:
>
> Can cfengine be configured to notify admin of conditions that are
> not correct and wait for admin to intervene before fixing?

Yes.  For example, I want the /etc/init.d/postfix file on my system to
copy /etc/passwd into the chroot jail postfix's smtpd runs in.  I know
that if /etc/init.d/postfix doesn't have "etc/passwd" in it, then it
won't be doing this copy.  So I have this in my cfengine.conf:

editfiles:
        {
                /etc/init.d/postfix

                WarnIfNoLineContaining "etc/passwd"
        }

Most everything in cfengine seems to have a way to just warn about the
problem instead of fixing it.

By "warn" cfengine means "print something" -- it is up to you to set
up scripts to send e-mail to the right person if cfengine prints
something.  There are example scripts in the distribution.

--
matt