Recursion

From: Bruce Richardson
Subject: Recursion
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:59:13 +0100

Cfengine simply isn't behaving as the Reference says it should.
According to the Reference, "The destination file is the only obligatory
item... If the master and image are directories then all of the child
files _which are not directories_ are copied from source to
destination."

Well, that just doesn't work.  At all.

Say I have a direcory /a, containing a file "file.txt" and a directory
"b".  If I try

copy:
        /a dest=/backup

Nothing happens!  I have been trying variations on this for hours!
Is it just that the version I am using - 1.5.3-6, on Debian 2.2 - is
broken?

--
Bruce

You can fool some of the people all the time, you can fool all of
the people some of the time but you can never fool your mother.