Re: cfd doesn't accept any more connections (1.6.3)

From: Oliver Cook
Subject: Re: cfd doesn't accept any more connections (1.6.3)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:55:09 +0100

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 10:53:57AM -0600, Graham Allan wrote:
> In message <20010620112341.I41649@mutare.noc.clara.net> you wrote:
>
> I don't know if a "me too" is at all helpful. I see the same behaviour
> on our system, running cfd 1.6.2 (I know I should upgrade) on Tru64 UNIX
> 4.0F.

If it rules out a problem at our site then it is indeed helpful ;-)

> I think it's not so much related to the length of time it runs, as how
> many connections cfd has to service. The interval between the problem
> occurring gets shorter as we add more cfengine clients to the network.

that's an interesting point. how many clients do you have connecting
to that cfd server? We have about 10 that connect to that server (it's
not the primary cfengine server) and it lasts a week or 10 days. They
connect only every 4 hours.

> Killing cfd and restarting it does always fix it for a while.

Agreed.

I wonder if you could do a backtrace on your process when it gets
stuck and see if it's getting stuck at the same place? That would
be interesting to compare.

The author had suggested to me that it might perhaps be a threading
issue on FreeBSD, but since you are running Tru64 that would now seem
not to be the case.

Thanks for your input Graham! :)

Ollie
--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@uk.clara.net               020 7903 3065