processes non-blocking restart option requested

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: processes non-blocking restart option requested
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:09:25 -0400

Currently, cfengine will restart a process in blocking mode - that is,
it will wait for completion before continuing.  While that works fine
for daemons, there are other programs I deal with at our site that
don't behave properly in this respect.  Cfengine will clean up
eventually, if the process doesn't exit for a while, according to the
docs.  I would prefer, however, to be given an option
"blocking=true/false" with default true, as it is now.  When
blocking=false, cfengine will start the process and move on.

Has anyone else run into this sort of problem?  Do you deal with it
differently?

Thanks
Ted