Re: berkeleydb mismatch with cfengine

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: berkeleydb mismatch with cfengine
Date: 22 Aug 2001 17:40:49 +0200

    Darrell> hi mark suggested i pass this to you for best handling.

    Darrell> what are the cfengine support software requirements?  i
    Darrell> blindly loaded what i thought was the latest versions,
    Darrell> but there is a linking problem.

Hm, I checked my Debian Linux system running somewhat unstable :-

Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.3-7), libdb3 (>= 3.2.9-1), libwrap0, perl5
ii  libdb3                 3.2.9-11               Berkeley v3 Database
Libraries [runtime]

which may mean that 3.2.9 is required. You seem to have 3.3 which
presumably means there have been minor changes which may be causing
problems compiling with cfengine.

You'll either have to debug and fix cfengine to work with these
"changes" or install 3.2.9 and try with compiling with this version.

Of course it may be something else that I'm not seeing :-)

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.