setting umask

From: Michael Coffman
Subject: setting umask
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:13:09 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,

What is the syntax for setting the umask in the shellcommands section?

The directories that are being created with a script I am running
via shellcommands are all created with permissions of 0.

I am running version 1.6.3 on HP-UX 10.20 and 11.0.

The docs show the following

  shellcommands:

    "command-string"

            umask=octal number

I tried the following:

  shellcommands:
    any::
        "command"
        chdir=/directory/to/run/command/in
        umask=022

And I get this error:

  14: umask value must be an octal number >= zero

I get the same with umask=22.

I also tried umask=O022 and o022 and then get the umask set as.

(Setting umask to 177777)

Which seems to have the same behaviour.  Files are created as I would
expectAnd directories are created with permission of 000?

Thanks for any help

-MichaelC
You can observe a lot just by watching. - Yogi Berra