Re: tidy across NFS filesystem

From: Jerry Christopher
Subject: Re: tidy across NFS filesystem
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 07:13:16 -0800

We don't currently tidy any NFS filesystems here, but I thought I'd
give this a try on my workstation.  My home dir lives on a NetApp NFS
mount.  My workstation is explicitly listed as having rw access to this
volume in the exports file on the filer.  Could this be what you're
missing?  Running the tidy on a box with rw or root access to the volume
exported?

I touched a couple files under ~/tmp and added a tidy statement.  The
2 files were cleaned up as expected.  1.6.3 btw.

-Jerry

--
Work (858) 535-4245           jchristopher@amcc.com
eFax (208) 441-7898           http://www.amcc.com