Cfengine 2 + or - update

From: Tim Oaks
Subject: Cfengine 2 + or - update
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:30:47 +1300

Hello fellow cfengine users.

I'm currently migrating a configuration from 1.5.4 to 2.0a15 with associated
testing
and debugging. Previously I had a separate cfengine run (with its own class) to
copy
the cfengine configuration files from the master server. I have now moved to
using
update.conf with V2.

In testing I'd like to be able to run the update on its own. E.g. run cfengine
once to get
the updated files from the master, then run it with -n -v switches to test the
updated
configuration on a system without making changes.

I'd also like to be able to run cfengine on a client system without getting any
updates
from the master server.

Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks for your help