RE: statically linked compile...

From: Andrews, Martin
Subject: RE: statically linked compile...
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 08:24:14 -0500

What exactly is the failure? I tried a quick relink on my redhat 7.2 box but
could not find all the static libraries I needed (-lnss_nis). Are you sure
you have static versions of all the libraries cfengine uses?

In general this sounds like a dangerous idea - much has changed between 6.x
and 7.x and taking code compiled from newer OSes is always likely to fail.
Can't you put together a quick 6.2 box (we were just selling off a bunch of
pentium pro PCs like the ones I use for linux builds for $50 a pop...)?

Martin