Authenticating to cfservd in 2.0

From: Matt Armstrong
Subject: Authenticating to cfservd in 2.0
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:09:49 -0700

My master cfservd server isn't authenticating any of my hosts.  I see
this in my syslog:

cfservd[24802]: Host authentication failed or access denied (keys in
                correct dir?)

I am not using any keys -- I'm coming from a 1.6 setup that used plain
host/dns authentication only.  If keys are now required, can someone
point me to docs on how to use cfkey to set it up?

This is my cfservd.conf in its entirety:

    control:
      domain = ( lickey.com )
      cfrunCommand = ( "/var/cfengine/bin/cfagent -q" )
      IfElapsed = ( 1 )
      ExpireAfter = ( 15 )
      MaxConnections = ( 10 )
      MultipleConnections = ( true )

    admit:
      /var/cfengine/inputs *.lickey.com
      /var/cfengine/bin *.lickey.com

The hosts connecting to the server have correct reverse DNS.  This is
all very similar to a working cfengine 1.6 setup.

--
matt