spec file for cfengine (was: Re: '%' in filename -> parse error)

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: spec file for cfengine (was: Re: '%' in filename -> parse error)
Date: 17 Jan 2002 14:58:58 +0500

"Ylitalo Juha. O" <juha.o.ylitalo@nokia.com> writes:

> P.S. If anyone needs specfile to generate RPM from cfengine, let me know.

I created a simple spec file (I am not a RPM expert), I would be
interested in seeing yours and see if I can improve mine from it.

Here is mine.

<cfengine.spec>

Source0: %{name}-%{version}.tar.gz
License: GNU GPL
Group: System Environment/Daemons
BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-root

%description
Cfengine, or the configuration engine is an agent/software robot and a
high level policy language for building expert systems to administrate
and configure large computer networks. Cfengine uses the idea of
classes and a primitive intelligence to define and automate the
configuration and maintenance of system state, for small to huge
configurations. Cfengine is designed to be a part of a computer immune
system, and can be thought of as a gaming agent.

%prep
%setup -q

%build
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-berkeleydb=/lib
make

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/var/cfengine
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/var/cfengine/inputs
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/var/cfengine/bin
install -s -m 755 src/cfagent $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/var/cfengine/bin
install -s -m 755 src/cfservd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/var/cfengine/bin
install -s -m 755 src/cfexecd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/var/cfengine/bin
install -m 644 inputs/update.conf.example
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/var/cfengine/inputs/update.conf

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)