Re: unmount

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: unmount
Date: 21 Jan 2002 14:21:28 +0100

    Daniel> Does anyone have a solution to this?

    Daniel> Mark: Is it possible in corrent versions? If not, please
    Daniel> note it as a "feature request". :)

    >> How do I make sure that a directory never is mounted?
    >>
    >> I always want cfengine to unmount "/tftpboot" regardless where
    >> its mounted from.
    >>
    >> It seems like the "unmount" only takes the mounted filesystem
    >> as a parameter, but I dont know the path of the mounted
    >> filesystem, only the mountpoint.

fromt the reference :-

   Some users do not mount filesystems on a directory of the same name
as the source directory. This can lead to confusion.  Note, if you have
problems removing a mounted filesystem, try using the mountpoint of the
filesystem, rather than the name of the filesystem itself, in the
unmount command.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--