recursive multiple links only for file/directory not present

From: Dumas Patrice
Subject: recursive multiple links only for file/directory not present
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:01:48 +0100

Hi,
I currently use cfengine 1.6.3, but I could upgrade, if needed.

I would like to do the following:
I have a tree like that, called tree1
somewhere/thedir/subdir1/
somewhere/thedir/subdir2/subsubdir

and another tree, tree2

elsewhere/thedir/subdir1/subsubdir1
elsewhere/thedir/subdir2/subsubdir
elsewhere/thedir/subdir2/othersubdir
elsewhere/thedir/subdir2/othersubdir/file
elsewhere/thedir/file

I would like to link directories and files not existing in tree1 to
files/directories in tree2, begining at thedir. However, I don't want
to create new directory in tree1, thus I don't want to use the recurse
parameter.

Thus I would like to link to thedir/subdir1/subsubdir1,
thedir/subdir2/othersubdir and thedir/file.

Is it possible to do that with cfengine ?

Pat