Re: copy errors

From: Arnauld Michelizza
Subject: Re: copy errors
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:28:43 +0100 (CET)

On 4 Feb 2002, Adrian Phillips wrote:

>     Arnauld> The trouble are 1/ it make a copy of every
>
> Because you have recurse=inf, try recurse=1 (or 2 or 3).

Well, I think that I wasn't very clear. When I use 'include' directive,
cfagent exclude files that don't match the patterns, so it's ok. But it
doesn't exclude directories. That way, it creates a lot of empty directories.

>     Arnauld> sub-directories 2/ it takes a looong time to check and
>     Arnauld> copy everythings
>
> How many files/directories are under /etc ? Its going to take some
> time depending upon machine type/machine load/filesystem, etc, etc.

Comparing to rsync, it takes a big amount of time.
I copied a directory (/etc) with about 2000 files. The total size
is about 6M. With rsync, it took about 6 sec, and with cfagent /
cfservd, it took about 45 sec.

--
Arnauld Michelizza
01 41 66 47 19