find processes older than 24 h

From: Faeth Markus
Subject: find processes older than 24 h
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:47:40 +0100

->processes:
-------------------------------------
I was able to configure cfengine to check if all necessary processes are
working and to warn if not. Now a question is
how can I check for processes that are not configured... like shell
processes and so on that aren't allowed to be there?
I tried to write a complicated regular expression to do so, but it did't
work.

Another problem is that I have to check for httpd processes that are working
more than 24 hours. I thought with 'filters' it can't
be that difficult, but I couldn't manage it:

filters:
   { httpd
      FromSTime:        "accumulated(0,0,1,0,0,0)"
      ToSTime:  "inf"
      Result:   "STime"
   }
processes:
   "/usr/bin/httpd" filter=httpd action=warn

results in a 'Segmentation Fault'!
surely you have some experience and can help me build the right statement.

Greetings
Markus Faeth