Re: Config files

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: Config files
Date: 22 Mar 2002 13:50:14 +0100

    Richard> Yes, that's true, but i'm also want to use it if some
    Richard> fucked something and then copy is probably the best
    Richard> option.

    Richard> For example:

    Richard> { /etc/pam.d/login AppendIfNoSuchLine "password required
    Richard> pam_cracklib.so retry=3 minlen=8 difok=4" }

    Richard> And someone who isn't that smart, put the following in
    Richard> /etc/pam.d/login: password required pam_cracklib.so
    Richard> retry=30 minlen=3 difok=4"

    Richard> Now my 'AppendIfNoSuchLine' wil not match and i have 2
    Richard> line's for the same configuration option. In cases like
    Richard> this, copy is the best thing i think...

Good solution for that - do a copy of a base file first then an
editfiles action afterwards. That means any hand changes will be
discarded and, as I far as I am concerned, that is a good thing in
most cases. Trying to mix cfengine and hand changes is possibly a
recipe for disaster.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--