link section actions

From: Christopher Hahn
Subject: link section actions
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:15:18 -0700

Hello,

I find that when a link already exists, and I just want to reset
its owner and group, that cfengine says "Old link ##### points
somewhere else. Do nothing".

So, I added the link to a tidy block and then execute tidy before
links in the actionsequence.

This seems to work, but I wanted to see if this should be necessary.

RTFM responses appreciated: I could use pointers to FMs to R!

Thank you,

Christopher

P.S. I hesitate to mention this as it has stopped happening, but...

...and when I first tried this, I found that every "file" and "links"
section action reported:
cfengine:qapackager: Too soon for files._xanadu_INSTALL_ROOT_bin_xlog_xml
(0/1 minutes elapsed)
Checking file(s) in /xanadu/INSTALL_ROOT/bin/xmarimba
.....and ONLY the tidy section actions were executed.  Not deadly, as
rerunning the script completed the action.  This just seemed odd.
While I am sure that it is me ;-) any pointers appreciated.

--
In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart
until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the