Re: core dump unders windows when downloading file

From: David Reiter
Subject: Re: core dump unders windows when downloading file
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:44:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
 I did some more debugging and found that the cfservd process was
exiting on the linux side , and I think that was causing the
windows side to crash when no data came across. After looking
at the server code it seems like it was trying to transfer
4096 bytes, which was not big enough to fit in the message
buffer with the addition of the 8 byte control information
so was exiting on line 66 of net.c Here is what I did that
seems to have fixed it:
 modified net.c and made the work character string bufsize+8
 changed the check if (wlen +8 > bufsize) to (wlen > bufsize)

Once I made these 2 changes my file was transfered over to the
PC and nothing crashed. But why was it working ok under linux
to start with (I don't know if my changes are going to cause
problems) and why was it trying to transfer the 4096 bytes
when the buffer wasn't big enough? Any thoughts? Thanks,

David.