link type="relative"

From: Christopher Hahn
Subject: link type="relative"
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:50:23 -0700

Hello,

>From "Cfengine Reference" Edition 1.6.0, page 68, the "type=" subsection:

"If relative is selected, and the 'to' object is an absolute path name,
 the link name will be rewritten as a pathname relative to the source
 file, using '.' and '..' to move relative to the current directory."

In my testing this did not work for me.  Can anyone confirm that it
should be working on a Linux 7.1 box.  Here is the version info:
========================
[qapackager:/xanadu/automation]:# cfagent --version
GNU 2.0.0
Free Software Foundation 1994-2001
Donated by Mark Burgess, Faculty of Engineering,
    <snip>

I am going to make sure that the 'to' objects are relative paths
for now.

Thank you,

Christopher

--
In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart
until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the