Re: cfrun help

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: cfrun help
Date: 26 Apr 2002 07:13:56 +0200

    Alan> Just wanted to let you all know that I have it all running
    Alan> now. What I needed to do (and probably should've done from
    Alan> the outset is include

    Alan>   AllowUsers = ( root )

    Alan> in the cfservd.conf file

But this shouldn't make any difference, from ref :-

    identity of that user.  If users other than root are allowed to
    connect, they need to be here.  This applies to use of cfrun.

And I have it commented out. But while we are talking about this
problem I have something similar but which may or may not be
connected :-

I've been trying to debug a problem with a couple of my servers
cfagents having problems with connecting to cfservd but not all the
time. The following messages appear :-

Connect to cfengine = 157.249.16.55 on port cfengine
Loaded /var/cfengine/ppkeys/root-157.249.16.55.pub
smtp2: Received signal SIGPIPE while doing [no_active_lock]
smtp2: Logical start time Fri Apr 26 05:04:48 2002
smtp2: This sub-task started really at Fri Apr 26 05:04:48 2002

smtp2: Couldn't send
smtp2: send
smtp2: Received signal SIGPIPE while doing [no_active_lock]
smtp2: Logical start time Fri Apr 26 05:04:48 2002
smtp2: This sub-task started really at Fri Apr 26 05:04:48 2002

I've been having a hard time trying to debug this. Debugging cfservd
shows no differences between a cfagent that produces these messages
and one that doesn't. Restarting cfservd "seems" to clear the problem
for a frew hours but its no guarentee

This is on linux one machine is running 2.2.20 and another 2.4.19pre5
and the server is running 2.2.20, although both have the same glibc
version, one of which I've just upgraded from 2.2.5-3 to 2.2.5-4
(ie. this is 2.2.5 and the -4 is a new Debian release with mainly
Debian packaging fixes and nothing that seems relevant to this
problem).

Its not really serious because the one machine that has it nearly
every time still has occasional cfagent runs without problems. I'll
try to debug this a bit more as I get time.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.