cfengine and hosts using DHCP

From: Juha Ylitalo
Subject: cfengine and hosts using DHCP
Date: 27 Apr 2002 10:23:51 +0400

Current mode in cfservd <-> cfagent interaction seems to be based on
idea that both parties have static IP and they have been introduced to
each others at some point by administration.
Are there any best practises on how to use cfengine in environments were
you have mixed environment of static and DHCP addresses (i.e. Linux/*BSD
workstations and laptops), where your cfservd or other central file
repository can give all its configuration files
(/var/cfengine/masterfiles/inputs/*), but clients should somehow be able
to verify that downloaded files came from trusted source?
I guess I could create script that would download PGP signed tarballs,
verify signature and then untar them to /var/cfengine/inputs, but if
there are better solutions, I would like to hear about them.

--
Juha Ylitalo                 juha.ylitalo@iki.fi                <e-mail>
+358 40 562 6152 <mobile>    http://www.iki.fi/jylitalo         <www>