Problems running cfexcd

From: J . K . Wight
Subject: Problems running cfexcd
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:38:50 +0100

When I built cfengine 2.0.1 I used configure's --prefix option to
specify an installation directory different from the default of
/var/cfengine.

Now that I come to try cfexed, I can't get it to run cfagent (other
than by modifying the source code, possibly). Can it be done?

By running cfexecd under Linux's strace command, I can see that it
tries to "execve /var/cfengine/bin/cfagent" (my cfagent was installed
in an sbin subdirectory, not bin, by the way). Since I was able to run
cfservd specifying a cfservd.conf file in a different place from the
default by using its -f option, and noticing in the source code that
cfexecd had a -f option, I thought it might be for specifying a
different location for cfagent, but no such luck. What is it for? The
Reference manual doesn't admit that cfexecd has options apart from -F
and -L.

Jim