Creating dir and fixing permissions on existing dirs

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Creating dir and fixing permissions on existing dirs
Date: 10 May 2002 15:37:04 +0200

Am I being dense here - I want to have a directories, or files for
that matter, that creates a directory and fixes its permissions. Now
the options today seem to be :-

- directories : creates but doesn't handle permissions
- files, action fixdirs : fixes perms but doesn't create
- files, action touch : creates but doesn't fix perms (I posted patch
  to fix this)
- files, action create : creates but doesn't fix perms

Now touch, with my patch, does fix the perms but updates the mtime
which I don't want.

Now, if there is currently no way to do this then I propose a new
action, <something>, that creates and fixes perms for a
directory. What <something> would be I've been struggling with, but
createfixdirs is about the only thing I can think of. Oh, I'd create a
patch for this as well so I'm not looking for somebody to do the work
for me just suggestions for the best solution :-)

Has anyone else suggestions ?

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--