RE: netconfig not working

From: Jason Corley
Subject: RE: netconfig not working
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:25:49 -0400

Not to nitpick (or run too far off topic) but the mktime problem you're
referencing has to do with Red Hat conforming to the RFC and having mktime
return dates before 1/1/1970 as an error (-1).  The problem with this
conformance is that most other distros -- Debian as you point out being one --
haven't adopted the standard behavior (I would assume they're waiting for their
next major revisions to come into compliance).  This is not a case of Red Hat
jumping the CVS gun, but conforming to defined standards.  Ok, I just had to
jump in there.  Sorry for being offtopic.
Jason