editfiles not working!?

From: Marcel Ritter
Subject: editfiles not working!?
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:31:09 +0200 (MEST)

Hi there!

I recently tried cfengine and I'm quite impressed with it's capabilities.
But I ran into some trouble, when I tried to use the editfiles statement:

(The following is part of my setup):

control:
   actionsequence = ( editfiles )

editfiles:

        { /etc/inetd.conf

                HashCommentLinesMatching "^[^#]"
        }

And according to my understanding of the documentation, this should add
"#" at the beginning of each line that does not already have a # in place.

Unfortunately this does not work. The client gets the setup correctly:

DEFINED FILE EDITS

/etc/inetd.conf (n)(r=0)
 HashCommentLinesMatching [^[^#]]

But no changes occur in the file (/etc/inetd.conf). I already tried
several other modification statements, but none worked.

I'd be glad to get some hints about what I am doing wrong!

Thanx,
  Marcel

PS: cfengine version is 2.0.1

----
Marcel Ritter
Linux Betreuer
Regionales Rechenzentrum Erlangen
----
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.