Berckeley DB and openssl version

From: liedekef
Subject: Berckeley DB and openssl version
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:34:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I just tried to compile cfengine 2.0.2 on redhat 7.1 with all the latest
official RPM's installed. Now it seems cfengine needs Berkeley db version
3.2 or higher and OpenSSL 0.9.6b or later.
Now there are specific reasons why I can't upgrade the RPM's on the
machine, so I hacked the configure file to allow Berckeley DB 3.1 or
higher and OpenSSL 0.9.6 or higher. Is there some reason why such new
releases are required? Will cfengine not work with OpenSSL 0.9.6 or
BerckeleyDB 3.1.17? The rpm-versions on my machine are:

openssl-0.9.6-9
openssl-devel-0.9.6-9
db3-3.1.17-7
db3-utils-3.1.17-7
db3-devel-3.1.17-7

I modified the "configure" file and the "make"-command seems to end
normally, so I'll try, but any hints/answers/explanations are appreciated.

Franky