Re: List of cfengine users

From: Arnold Troeger
Subject: Re: List of cfengine users
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 16:06:48 +0700

Adrian Phillips wrote:

>     Patrice> Hi Mark,
>
>     Patrice> for an internal use only presentation, I need some stats
>     Patrice> on the use of cfengine around the world (name of some
>     Patrice> significant companies, number and type of "cfengine'd"
>     Patrice> systems, what is cfengine used for, ...).  I need these
>     Patrice> informations to convince my chiefs of the real interest
>     Patrice> of cfengine, and that I'm not throwing our company into a
>     Patrice> deadend with that product.
>
> Norwegian Meteorological Institute
>   - implemented gradually from summer, 2001
>   - now administering 12 quite different servers, nearly all are "core"
>     servers
>   - my director is very enthusiastic and cfengine is going to become
>     part of our policy for Linux machines
>
> Just fro your information :-)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Adrian Phillips
>
> --
> Your mouse has moved.
> Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take effect.
> Reboot now?  [OK]

Unocal Thailand:
started working with it in early 2001.
now administering 70 Solaris 6 & 8, IRIX 6.5.16, and Linux workstations
and 7 Solaris servers.
the Financials admins are using it now on 15 Solaris 6 and 8 servers.

FYI
Best regards,
Arnold
--
Arnold Troeger                          Unocal Thailand
Phone:  011-66-2-545-5456               5th Floor, Tower 3, SCB Park Plaza