Authenticate by key only?

From: Frank Smith
Subject: Authenticate by key only?
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:08:00 -0500

Normally cfservd does double-reverse lookups to verify hostnames, but I
have a few hosts where this won't work due to NAT and other reasons.  They
do all have unique IPs, so I want to be able to skip the DNS lookups for
those hosts only and just use the public keys for authentication (those
were already exchanged after cfengine was installed on the clients).
  SkipVerify= does part of what I want, but the documentation implies it
just relies on IP and not the keys.  Is there some other option I've missed
or some other way around it, or is the only option to hack the source?

Thanks,
Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith@hoovers.com
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673