Re: Key Authentication for <host> failed, Unable to establish connection

From: Frank Smith
Subject: Re: Key Authentication for <host> failed, Unable to establish connection with <server>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 21:52:21 -0500

--On Tuesday, July 02, 2002 19:04:38 -0700 "Lumpkin, Buddy"
<Buddy.Lumpkin@nordstrom.com> wrote:

> I run cfexecd -F on about 80 hosts every hour with a splaytime of 50
> minutes.  I feel pretty confident that our network doesn't have very
> many hiccups, yet I get a few of these error messages every day.
> Has anyone else had intermittent problems with this?

I run it on over 60 hosts with a splaytime of 10 minutes (and most of
them through VPNs to remote sites), and get one of those errors every
couple of days (although there are the occasional days with 3 to 4
of them.  They seem to have no correlation to network traffic, system
load (client or server) or even phase of the moon.
   Never dug in the code to see if it retried, just figured that the
occasional packet got dropped and it didn't retry.  If it was easily
reproducible I would turn up debugging on both ends and watch, but it
doesn't happen often enough to be practical.
   If anyone has any explanations I'd like to hear it.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                             fsmith@hoovers.com
Systems Administrator                                  Voice: 512-374-4673