Re: dynamis class creation

From: Jeremy Dreese
Subject: Re: dynamis class creation
Date: 15 Jul 2002 14:23:36 -0400

I think there's a simpler way to do what you're trying to accomplish.
Cfengine has builtin classes (see
http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Reference.html#Hard%20classes) to
detect the OS version.  For example, on a Redhat 7.2 machine there is a
class called redhat_7_2 and on a Redhat 7.3 there is a class called
redhat_7_3.  To get the listing of all the classes on a particular host,
just run "cfagent -p -v" as root.  I use these classes to then do
different actions based on the OS version.

redhat_7_2::

        do_one_thing

redhat_7_3::

        do_another_thing

I guess this all assumes you're running cfengine 2.x.  I hope this
helps!