"cfrun -- -f file" problems!

From: Tomas A. Maly
Subject: "cfrun -- -f file" problems!
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:56:55 -0700

Hi,

When I try to run cfrun with a custom file to have cfagent operate with (cfrun -- -f rf.restart -D apache), the remote cfservd replies that it will execute the cfagent command without the -f or --file. I took a look at cfservd.c and it removes the -f and --file option! What gives?

So, assuming that cfagent doesn't need those parameters, I went ahead and ran it like "cfagent cf.restart". Nothing happened, and the --help option says to pass it --file or -f . So, why are these options being removed by cfservd? I want to use a custom file so I don't need to worry about any other classes (hard or custom) being run, because I only am interested in one of them (as I pass with the -D parameter to cfagent).

Oddly, the -D parameter passed to cfagent does NOT get chopped off by cfservd.

What am I doing wrong? Is there no capability to specify custom files to operate with when remotely running cfagent, like for security reasons or something? HELP!

Thanks a bunch.

Tomas Maly