ExpireAfter lock meaning...

From: ABostick
Subject: ExpireAfter lock meaning...
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:06:25 -0500

Hi cfengine users,

I am trying to get a shellcommand to run once a day with a Hr00 import
statement.  Seems to work on some hosts and not on others.  (works for a
while then just stops running it).  I am running the logrotate program from
RedHat to do some log mainenance.

When I go to a host which hasn't been rotating its logs and run "cfagent -q
-v -D Hr00", the logs will rotate but I see a message roughly "saying lock
expired after 3878/10 minutes.  Trying to kill expired pid."  I was messing
with my ExpireAfter to see if it helps and have it set to 10 minutes right
now.

3878 minutes is almost 3 days.  Does that mean the logrotate was trying to
run for that long or just that cfengine thinks it was because it had a stale
lock in its database?  Is this one of those "cfengine-die" problems?  I
currently run the program using a simple shellcommands:
"/usr/local/bin/logrotate /usr/local/bin/etc/logrotate.conf".  Should I wrap
the command in something that shuts it up and prints cfengine-die at the
end?

Thanks for the help.  I'm basically desperate at this point trying to get
this to work! :)

Aaron Bostick

BTW Target systems are Solaris 8 - Policy Host is Mandrake 8.2