Re: Suggestion for cfexecd

From: Jacob Lee
Subject: Re: Suggestion for cfexecd
Date: 25 Jul 2002 16:08:00 -0400

I would have to disagree with this implementation. In my cfengine
configuration, there is only output if the machines actually perform an
action; otherwise, they stay silent. Here's the only exception:

shellcommands:
  Hr00::
    "/bin/echo Checking in" inform=false
    "/bin/echo My ip is `[... awk script ...]`" inform=false

This way, I only get e-mail once a day (to keep track of which machines
are up & listening) or if something changes (in which case I would want
to know about it). If the old implementation is brought back, it may be
best to have it as a configuration option.

Just my $.02