assigning cfe variable values from shell scripts

From: Edward Pena
Subject: assigning cfe variable values from shell scripts
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:52:53 -0700 (PDT)

So, I found that, at least in parsing, if I use

some_var = (ExecResult(some_script) ); and then
my_some_var = ( "$(some_var)" )

I can pass $(my_some_var) into editfiles as the return value (not exit code) of
$(some_script). Only, while this will pass the parser fine, it breaks the
application:

SomeUNIXhost:::Execution terminated after parsing due to errors in program

I do not wish to create a class $(some_var).  I actually want the return value
of the script to use in editfiles.

How does one accomplish this in cfe?

http://www.peoplepc.com