cfexecd -F vs. cfexecd -Fp (editfiles)

From: Jason Cannon
Subject: cfexecd -F vs. cfexecd -Fp (editfiles)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:07:35 -0400 (EDT)

In update.conf I edit /var/spool/cron/root to add cfexecd -F if it doesn't
exist.  (Used the docs as an example.)  In cfagent.conf I import several
files to keep things tidy.  (Used docs again as an example.)  The edit of
/var/spool/cron/root in the imported files does not occur if I run
cfexecd -F, but does if I run cfagent or cfexecd -Fp.  I don't seem to
have this problem with anything else, just editfiles of
/var/spool/cron/root.  All the other import actions work.  (Yes, editfiles
is defined in the actionsequence of the first group I import and it works
with other files like /etc/hosts, just not /var/spool/cron/root.  Could it
be the problem of editing the same file twice?? Once in update.conf and
yet again in the imported file?)

>From http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Reference.html :
-p (--parse-only) Parse file and then stop. Used for checking the syntax
of a program. You do not have to be superuser to use this option.
(Yes, this is from cfagent, but didn't find a cfexecd doc on parse-only.)

I'm running Linux 2.4.18-5 with cfengine version 2.0.3.

Is this a bug or did I miss the correct way to do this?

Thanks!

Jason