RE: cfagent from cron

From: ABostick
Subject: RE: cfagent from cron
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:08:12 -0500

I would like to report seg faults but I cannot always reproduce the error to
get a backtrace.  Basically, due to some misconfiguration of my own, I
killed virtually every cfexecd daemon on 30+ hosts.  I had some recursive
copies set up and then added my masterfiles dir to CVS and did not ignore
the CVS dirs.  CVS files were copied everywhere and that, for some reason,
probably logrotate choking, killed cfexecd as well.

Anyway, 2.0.4pre seems much more stable than 2.0.1, 2.0.2, or 2.0.3.
However, I am still seeing locks that do not expire...  So as soon as I can
trust cron, I will try the cfexecd -F option to see if that is any better
for me.

I have some busy work to do to get cron ready but I will relate my cron
experience as soon as I can.

What bothers me at this point is that from daemon mode, because of the
locking, I do not know if everything is running as it should.  When I go to
a host and run cfagent -q -v , I see everything run and crazy lock expire
timers on some things e.g. (1623/120) minutes and crazy stuff like that.  I
have seen locks expire after 30 days before...

I know I have asked this before but this isn't normal right?

Thanks for the help!
Aaron Bostick