Re: multiple edits on one file

From: Frank Smith
Subject: Re: multiple edits on one file
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:43:19 -0500

--On Monday, August 19, 2002 13:15:00 +0100 "Martin A. Brooks"
<martin@clues.ltd.uk> wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to define a group of machine.  I use the line:

Mobile          = ( mobsr4 mobcr2 mobpr1 )

That looks right.  Is it being defined in the groups: section of your config?

Frank

mobsr4:/var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf:38: Warning: Redefinition of macro
Mobile=mobcr2
mobsr4:/var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf:38: Warning: Redefinition of macro
Mobile=mobpr1

This also happens if the hosts are command delimited.  The only time I don't
get a warning is when I put speechmarks round the whole list, like this:

Mobile          = ( "mobsr4 mobcr2 mobpr1" )

When I do that, though, the editfile I want to do simply doesn't happen.

        Mobile::
                 { /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
                         AutoCreate
                         AppendIfNoSuchLine "${MobileKey}"
                 }

Have I misread the docs on how classes like this are defined?

Regards

Mart/